Expressions of Hope
What We Do:
We are dedicated to serving and supporting the foster care community in Napa County. We provide hope through backpacks filled with comfort items, clothing and shoes for kids in care. We also help meet the emotional needs of the resource family through mentoring, support groups, trainings, and respite.
Most children enter foster care with very little. To promote a sense of familiarity during their very uncertain time, we offer a backpack carefully filled with items specifically designed for each age group, newborn to age 18. We are also dedicated to supporting the families who are willing to open their hearts and homes to the challenge of caring for children who have been impacted by foster care.
- A well-stocked Resource Center
- Respite nights so Resource parents can care for themselves
- A meal during the first week of receiving a new placement
- Funds for special opportunities
Other Ways to Help:
Partner with us!
- Host a backpack drive.
- Process our used clothing donations.
- Donate refreshments for a support group meeting.
- Provide a meal for a Resource family.
- Use your pick-up truck to help deliver gently used beds and dressers for children.
- Provide an evening of childcare.
- Help staff our resource center.
- “Adopt” a Resource family and become their extended family.
- Tutor a child.
- Provide a service (haircut, handyman, yard work).
- Help transport a child to parental visits, therapy or doctor appointments.
- Become a Resource Parent.
Jennifer Goodrich in honor of Carmen Withrow
Marilyn OConnell in honor of CASA volunteers