Napa Valley Community Housing
What We Do:
We transform the lives of children, families, seniors, farmworkers, and veterans by building and managing attractive, affordable homes. Our Resident Services program provides classes in citizenship, finance, immigration, healthy cooking, fitness, and arts/crafts. We connect residents to numerous organizations specializing in health care, education, legal, and job training services.
For 42 years we’ve built, purchased, or renovated over 900 apartment homes in Napa County, providing safety and wellness to tens of thousands of residents. Additionally, our Home Sharing program matches home seekers with home providers.
According to the 2018 Napa County Housing and Health Report, “housing instability can negatively affect health … lead to elevated stress levels, depression, and impaired academic performance in children.” Having clean, safe, affordable housing provides dignity. One of our residents said it best: “This is my humble home where my husband, son, and I will always be together and where we give our son values, education, and principles.”
Other Ways to Help:
- Advocate for the critical need of affordable housing in Napa.
- Promote NVCH’s Home Sharing program in the community.
- Spread the awareness and good work of NVCH by liking and sharing our Facebook page
- Help residents find jobs.
- Help residents build computer skills.
- Lead fun activities for kids and youth.
- Tutor high school students during Homework Club.
- Teach/lead salsa dance classes for adults.
- Teach/lead dance classes for children.
- Teach/lead photography classes for adults.
- Teach/lead aqua aerobics classes for seniors.
- new computers
- auction items (wine, tickets, trips, experiences)
Bank of Marin and Renteria Vineyard Management will each match the first $500 donated through the Give!Guide campaign.
Teresa Reynolds in honor of Joe, Carol & Amy Reynolds
Kathi Metro Chinberg