Expressions of Hope
raised from 52
How We Impact the Community
We serve those caring for at-risk children, whether a foster parent, relative, social worker, or, uniquely, a parent struggling to keep their own children out of foster care.
We provide for both the practical and the emotional needs of the child and family. We fill backpacks with necessary personal items, including new or gently used clothing and shoes. We deliver cribs/beds/dressers to enable a family to take in a child and their siblings if necessary. And we provide funding for extracurricular expenses through our Foster Kids Fund to help normalize a child’s uprooted life.
We mentor family by family. Volunteers are critical to our success providing support for our Resource Center. We host monthly support groups separately for fathers and mothers with childcare provided. Quarterly seminars with guest speakers can further educate caregivers about early childhood trauma/attachment, along with hosted special seasonal events. We also recruit foster homes for Napa County, offering a caring community to those that open their homes.
Other Ways to Help
• Become a foster parent
• Raise awareness of the need with your network
• Organize an outreach to a family in need
• Provide a service like babysitting, hair cut, or tutoring
• Volunteer to bake or cook or deliver groceries
• Wash clothes or clean donated items
• Pick up or drop off donations
• Provide childcare at events / support groups
• Donate gift cards (Target, Walmart, grocery stores) or gently used goods