Rianda House Senior Activity Center
raised from 47
How We Impact the Community
Negative age beliefs can rob the average person of 7.5 years of life expectancy; Rianda House addresses this issue by employing concrete, proven strategies to engage UpValley seniors in social activity, artistic expression, nutrition classes, exercise programs, and mental health support.
Research shows that older adults who participate in senior center programs can learn to manage and delay the onset of chronic disease and experience measurable improvements in their physical, social, spiritual, emotional, mental, and economic well-being. Senior center participants have higher levels of health, social interaction, and life satisfaction. Rianda House provides UpValley seniors with over 30 in-house programs and serves as a liaison to a host of additional services.
By leveraging partnerships and developing sought-after programming, Rianda House has become the UpValley place to find inspiration for living, to connect with new friends, and to flourish through every season of life.
Other Ways to Help
- Ambassador – share our newsletter
- Techno Tuesday instructor – teaching practical ways to use technology like logging into ” Zoom and using a cell phone
- Classic Car Show and Event coordinator
- Join our Garden Gang or Winemakers Group
- Lead cultural lectures, current events discussions and more!