Feeding It Forward
$1,955 raised from 25 donations
How We Impact the Community
Feeding it Forward focuses on solving food insecurity and food waste in Napa County by recovering excess food from “food generators” such as restaurants, food markets, grocery stores, and events. Food is then safely distributed to other organizations that support Napa County residents most in need. We pride ourselves in not duplicating the efforts of other non-profits, instead supporting them.
Some clients who benefit from our recovery actions are affordable housing residents, farm workers, homeless shelters, and the working low income. We prioritize distribution based on clientele needs, appropriateness, storage space, logistical timing, etc. assuring we get food safely to the most in need as quickly as possible.
We are proud that from Oct. 2018 through Dec. 2022, we recovered 439,000+ lbs. of food, feeding thousands of Napa residents while reducing the carbon footprint an equivalent of 151 passenger vehicles driven for a year.
It’s amazing to see what a difference it has made for our residents. They look forward to the food delivery and line up an hour early because the need is there.
What a $10 donation buys
Buys a new Food Safety Thermometer or food storage bin
What a $50 donation buys
Buys 350 compostable food containers to split industrial-sized portions of food into family-size portions
Other Ways to Help
- Volunteer to pick up and deliver food.
- Food generators – donors, contact us to donate your excess food.
- Provide English-Spanish translation services and other professional services.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Raise awareness of our work through Social Media outlets (Facebook, Instagram).
- Promote our efforts to family, friends, colleagues, and community members.
- Provide in-kind, monetary donations.
- Become a sponsor of Feeding It Forward.
- Become one of our Advocates or Board Members.
Share this campaign
Explore other nonprofits
In Honor of Hungry People
- Patty Mccart
- David Pramuk
- Sandee Dickson
In Honor of Nancy Fireman and Karen Garcia
- Joyce Kingery
- Peggy Dvorak
- Miriam Kaufman
- Cindy And Steve Deutsch
- Marie Dolcini
- David Elaine Freed
- Bernice Sousa-carden
- John Adams
- Molly Rattigan
- Holly Ong
- Judy Behrendt
In Honor of Lillian Rogatz Foundation
- Kirsty Cringan
- David Freed
- Joy Hilton
- Carol Glaser
- Nancy Fireman