Napa Valley Community Housing
raised from 64
How We Impact the Community
We’ve transformed the lives of 10,000+ local children, families, seniors, veterans, and farmworkers over the last 45 years by providing affordable, safe, clean homes.
Currently, we are in pre-development to build 165 much-needed affordable homes in Napa County. Our Home Sharing program matches Home Seekers with Home Providers (68 matches); our Resident Services Team advances the physical, emotional and financial health of our 1700+ low-income residents through in-person and virtual education classes.
Our new 2022 Rising Star Scholarship Program provided ten $1000 scholarships for residents continuing their education beyond high school. Career aspirations of our scholars include medicine, graphic design, education and architecture. Our 2023 goal: 10 more scholarships for our aspiring residents.
We believe everyone needs a home in order to thrive. Our residents are the workforce for local businesses and resident children attend our schools – ensuring a healthy and vibrant community for all.
Other Ways to Help
- Promote NVCH’s Home Sharing program in the community
- Advocate for the critical need of affordable housing in Napa. (letters to the editor, participation at city & county meetings and community-based Napa Housing Coalition meetings)
- Spread the awareness and good work of NVCH by sharing our Facebook page, e-newsletters and annual report
- Help with Homework Tutors
- Property Maintenance Team
- Golf cart
- 4 air compressors
- 8 nail guns
- In kind and monetary support for our May 2023 NVCH Rising Star Scholarship Event
- New computers & printers for low-income residents
- Craft and cooking class supplies