Friends of the Napa Library (FOL)
raised from 96
How We Impact the Community
Founded in 1969, FONL's mission is to raise funds for new and ongoing Napa Library programs and activities such as ESL classes, GED math prep, International Literacy Day, children's services including the popular Summer Reading Adventure program (SRA), and Adult-Teen programming including tutoring.
The SRA reaches about 2,000 Napa children and about 500 children from American Canyon, Yountville, and Calistoga.
This past March, the Library's Memory Lab began serving the community: a free do-it-yourself space for making high-quality digitized personal archives of old photos, documents, video, slides and more for safekeeping and to preserve history for future generations. FONL provided substantial funding for this project.
In June, FONL joined UC Master Gardeners in celebrating the new Learning Garden at Las Flores Community Center and distributed free gardening books to the 200+ visitors at the event.
Other Ways to Help
VOLUNTEERS WELCOME! HERE’S HOW:
- Become a member of the Friends of the Napa Library (FOL);
- Donate gently used books, CDs and DVDs for quarterly book sales;
- Volunteer to assist in sorting, cleaning and boxing donated items;
- Volunteer to staff a shift or two at the quarterly or special book sales;
- Assist in staffing an FOL information table and/or book giveaway at community-based events;
- Promote the myriad programs and activities offered by the Napa Library; and
- Consider joining the Friends of the Napa Library Board!