Sunrise Horse Rescue
What We Do:
Rescue and provide sanctuary, care, and companionship to abused, neglected, and abandoned horses. Provide humans of all ages the life-enhancing skills and personal growth experiences derived from horsemanship. Sunrise also offers natural horsemanship training, youth education, and many volunteer opportunities. Over 175 horses saved since 2007.
In addition to providing forever homes at our sanctuary to otherwise un-placeable horses, we also regularly provide assistance and support to horses and horse owners in need through a variety of ways. Through our Horse in Need program, we offer information on horse health, dietary needs, geriatric care, feed and water, temporary shelter, foster homes, permanent placement assistance, and veterinary care and consultations. Many of the horses we have met would have become more severe cases of neglect and abandonment had we not responded and intervened.
Other Ways to Help:
- Foster homes for Horse in Need program.
- New volunteers are always welcome!
- See the Donations page of our website for our Amazon Wish List.
- Our Horse in Need program has helped rehome over 100 horses and is still expanding. We’re always on the lookout for new foster homes.
- We are still searching for our forever home property in the Napa or surrounding areas.
Teresa Reynolds in honor of Joe, Carol & Amy Reynolds